Few deserts look so complicated, turn as many heads, taste as amazing, and are as deceptively easy as flambé ...anything.
I promise, this is super easy, super delicious, and will grab LOTS of attention at a party or dinner for loved ones.
Sidenote: All the pictures and videos for this instructable were shot with a refreshed battery that was nearly dead to start with using this technique!
Step 1: Ingredients / Materials
Frankly, the measurements don't really matter, so long as they're roughly right -- I didn't measure anything - and it always turns out!
- 1 large banana *see notes
- about a quarter cup of butter (margarine would work)
- about a quarter-to-half cup of Brown/Golden sugar
- 1 lemon, a little rind and juice (makes many servings from 1 lemon)
- Cinnamon to taste
- Liquor: about 1 oz. I used Brandy, but Rum would work.
- Quality Vanilla Ice Cream (not pictured)
-Unripe (fully green) means it'll be bitter and woody, avoid (unless you like woody bananas)
-Under-ripe (some green) means the cooked product will be similar to 'soft ripe' raw, this is how I like them
-Ripe (fully yellow) means you'll have quite-soft finished product
-Overripe (dark yellow/brown) means you'll have soggy mush, use these for banana bread, they are no good here.
- Stove of some sort, gas preferable -- see notes.
- Heat-proof tools - something that won't melt. spatula/spoons/scoops
- Small skillet
- Cutlery close at hand
- Zest grater
- Good knives are handy