This instructable describes how to build a flaming whip. Its a very simple and rewarding project, but the final project can be dangerous. You will be dealing with a flaming metal chain which gets extremely hot. You would not want to get any part of this accidentally wrapped around your body. Apart from all the danger though its really fun and produces a loud whooosh of fire every time you swing it.
Step 1: Parts
1. Hollow steel tube 18" sturdy enough to be used as a handle
2. 10' double link metal chain like in the picture, thin enough so the links can fit inside the steel tube.
3. 21' of thin kevlar rope (can be bought on e-bay, the size of the rope is determined by the size of the chain links, because you will need to braid the rope through the links)(Because of my impatience in waiting for things to be delivered the photos show me using a cotton rope, I do not advise this because after a few minutes the cotton starts to burn and fall off)
4. 2" long bolt with washer and nut around 3/8" thick
6. Saw, drill with bits, wrench