The Flashing Bike Bottle Light!
Not only can you produce flashing red luminosity, but you can actually drink from it, too! It is powered by two AA batteries that are easily accessible from the side of the bottle. It also has a fully waterproofed LED/switch assembly hidden inside the lid, all while still retaining the ability to be drank from! The part are inexpensive and minimal, so let's get started!
Step 1: Parts and Materials
- A plastic water bottle (size of the bottle depends on the size of your bike's bottle cage)
- A flashing LED that takes about 3 volts
- A 2x AA enclosed battery case
- A small toggle switch
- Two AA batteries (rechargeable is better)
- Velcro (to attach battery case to bottle)
- 150+ grit sandpaper
You'll also need a hot glue gun, an X-acto knife, an electric drill, and a soldering iron