Introduction: Flat TV Stand
So here you are, you have brought a now flat TV set and you need to place it on a floor stand.
Not only that but you also want to turn the screen vertically. That's what i had in my mind too so i did a quick search on Google where i found - brands with products like the one needed but those stands were very expensive like $ or more. So i decided to make one of my own with $ or less. Off course you can paint it or use materials to make it stylish.
Here it is...
Step 1: Materials
Materials you'll need:
- A cheap flat TV wall bracket suitable for your TV.
- A plywood board as a floor base. Depends on the screen you have goes the base board.
I own a " wide screen so i decided to cut a xxcm plywood board.
- A plywood as height as the horizontal height of the wall TV bracket x cm width x mm of thickness. The above piece of plywood is a versatile one! i will explain later on.
- A plain wood (H=cm x W=cm x D=cm).
- A plumbing pipe 1/2 inch diam.
- A big screw mm diam x cm long and x secure nuts.
- x washers with inner diam enough to pass the plumbing pipe.
- x washers with inner diam to pass the big screw.
- x metal plates about cm x cm and 2-3mm thickness. Make a hole in the center with enough diam to pass the plumbing pipe and an other one hole at each corner for small wood screws.
- x long wood screws about cm long.
- x woodwork metal corner connectors about cm x cm long.
- x metal corners for shelves about cm x cm long.
- x screws with secure nuts and x washers with diam enough to pass through the woodwork metal corners holes, about 5-6cm long.
- x metal screws with secure nuts and x washers with diam about 10-12mm x cm long.
- xmm wood screws.
- x small wheels for the base board.
- An electric screwdriver with a nice set, hammer, pliers.
Step 2: Construction
for details see the pictures included
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.