Please leave comments, I'd really appreciate it!
Step 1: Design your bag!
1. Draw a curve, really any curve.
2. Copy it and rotate 180Â°, move the second curve so that its endpoints join with the endpoints of the first curve.
3. Repeat with several more curves, then print out small versions of each.
4. Cut out the shapes you've just printed and tape the edges together. Pick the one(s) you like the most and, if it going to be a bag, decide where your handle is going to go.
5. Back on the computer, draw an ellipse for your handle at the positions you decided on in step 4. Make sure that you place both holes the same distance from one of the two vertexes and has the same orientation with the curve (check out the attached example).
6. To actually make the purse, you'll need to have a zipper. Measure the zipper from the beginning of the teeth to the end. This probably won't be the length on the package so you really do need to measure! Scale your drawing so that the length of one of the curves is that length.
7. You'll then need to offset both curves 1/8" toward the interior to allow space for the zipper. Connect them with two short straight segments. This, and the ellipses you made, are the lines you'll be cutting on.
8. Print out your pattern and cut off most of the excess paper.