Introduction: Flattened Rice Bhel (Masala Flattened Rice Snack)
Flattened rice also known as poha is a rice which is flattened into light dry flakes. They can absorb any type of liquid, for example water or milk.
The flakes are an easily digestible form of raw rice, which is very popular across India, Nepal and Bangladesh.
Masala flattened rice can be prepared instantly with common ingredients and can be a good evening snack that you can serve with tea.
Step 1: Ingredients
You will need:
- One bowl of flattened rice (poha)
- One chopped tomato
- One chopped onion
- One grated carrot
- A few peanuts, cashews and sesame seeds
- A teaspoon red chili powder
- A teaspoon coriander powder
- A pinch of chat masala
- Salt depending on your taste
- Half a teaspoon of lime juice
- A few coriander leaves
Step 2: Sauté the Flattened Rice and Roast the Nuts
- Take a pan and add a teaspoon of oil
- Lightly sauté the flattened rice for few minutes.
- Remove the flattened rice and add the peanuts, cashews and sesame seeds to same pan.
- Lightly roast them till they change color.
Step 3: Add the Chopped Tomatoes and Grated Carrot
- Now we need to add all the ingredients to the flattened rice and mix everything.
- First add the chopped tomatoes, grated carrot and chopped onions.
Step 4: Add the Spices
- Add a pinch of chat masala, coriander powder, red chili powder and as much salt as you like.
Step 5: Add Roasted Nuts and Coriander Leaves
- Add the roasted nuts and coriander leaves and mix
Step 6: Serve
- Finally squeeze a little lime juice and serve immediately