Step 2: Preparing the Potato
1) Dampen a paper towel and then wrap it around your potato.
2) Place on a plate and then cook in the microwave on high until tender. (My microwave has a "potato" setting so I just used that.)
3) To check to see if your potato is cooked, do the fork test: Poke a fork into the potato and if it pierces the potato's skin and flesh easily, it's finished.
4) Allow the potato to cool down. (it'll make shredding it SO much easier)
5) Peel the potato's skin.
6) Grate the potato on a vegetable grater. When finished, you should have about 1 1/3 cups of shredded potato.
7) Set aside until later. :)
(Actually, this way of cooking the potato was SO easy, that I think I'm going to have to use it from now on! :D )