This is my first 'structible so I decided to do something very simple yet helpful to the right people. I followed several very good Instructables on making your own CNC machine however, I ran into some trouble moving my tables using NEMA-17 stepper motors. These motors don't have a lot of torque and due to the difficulty of getting the leadscrew nut perfectly straight I ran into some issues with the leadscrew being difficult to turn. My solution was to create a mount for the leadscrew nut that could flex and conform to the path of least resistance on the leadscrew. The final product is a piece of rubber hose with a threaded sleeve pressed into it and mounted to my tables by two metal bars that clamp the hose in place when tightened down.
Step 1: The original leadscrew nut
This is the original leadscrew nut mount. This made the tables very difficult to move because of the bind it put on the threads inside the nut due to its misalignment. I tried on several occasions to get the alignment just right however, nothing I did resulted in making it easier to turn the leadscrew.