Introduction: Floating Beer Pong Table
For many people here, it's summer time now. For many of those people, summertime means parties (namely ones outdoors). For many of those people this includes a pool at some point. And since a party often includes beer pong for many (young) people.. Well, beer pong in a pool is much better.
So I decided that, rather than buying a floating beer pong table, I'd build my own... hence, this Instructable.
P.S. This is my first Instructable so, constructive criticism is certainly welcome.
This is what we're going to make:
Step 1: Gather Materials
For this Instructable you will need:
- Four or so empty water bottles of some sort.
- A couple pool noodles.. in my case, three.
- A beer pong table-shaped piece of hard wood...plastic...whatever you want.
- About 20 tie-wraps/wire-ties. (not pictured)
- You may need: A drill/bits.
And most likely:
- 14 Solo cups: 12 for beer, 2 for water
- 2 Ping-pong balls
- Enough of your favorite beer to get everyone at your party druuu- *ahem* inebriated.
Step 2: Assembleeeeeee
Now it's time to put the pieces together. I will not be showing the process of drilling holes, as my board, quite conveniently, already has holes pre-drilled in a nice grid.
1. Noodles!: For the layout of my board, I placed the 2 noodles straight down the long sides, and one noodle straight down the center.
Four tie-wraps/wire-ties were used to attach each noodle to the table.
2. Bottles: I placed 2 bottles on each end, end to end (bottom to bottom), short ways.
Two tie-wraps were used to attach each bottle to the board.
3. Cut excess off tie-wraps.
Step 3: Enjoy!
So here you have your finished product, a floating beer pong table. Sadly, I don't have pictures of it in use. Good luck! Enjoy! Let me know how it works out if you decide to build one, especially if you modify/improve it in any way!