I wanted to add a personal stamp to our Pirate Ship decor for Halloween, and also to get my girls involved in the whole process. This effect is very easy, and could be used to project skulls or other face paintings on your walls to give your guests a spooky welcome. If you want to get a little more fancy you could also combine the floating skull with a "Pepper's ghost holographic effect" to scare the pants off any unsuspecting trick-or treaters.
Step 1: ITEMS
- Black light 10-50$ at amazon.com
- Fluorescent face paint 20$ at amazon.com
- Black face paint 10$ at amazon.com
- A projector or monitor
- A piece of glass or clear plastic in your choice of size (if using a monitor, then 50% longer than the monitor in one dimension)
- Brackets to hold your projector/monitor and sheet of glass/plastic (fishing line, lumber, brackets...)