Introduction: Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes
Flourless chocolate cake is decadent and delicious - and pretty darn easy to make! In cupcake form, they're perfect for parties, work/school lunches, or snacks, and are pretty cute. You could frost them, but on their own they're pretty wonderful, and since they're flourless, they're also gluten-free!
Step 1: You'll Need. . .
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (dark chocolate cocoa powder used here)
- pinch of salt (optional but suggested)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional but suggested - you can also add some coffee and/or chocolate extract to make them extra yummy)
- large microwave safe mixing bowl
- wire whisk, spoon, or spatula
- muffin tins
- cupcake/muffin papers (cups)
- spoon or small scoop
Step 2: Mix and Bake!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Break up chocolate into medium/small chunks and place in bowl with butter
- Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and microwave an additional 30 seconds (if you don't have a microwave, you can melt the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot of water on the stove - a bain marie or double boiler)
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder and stir until combined
- Add the eggs and stir
- Add the salt and vanilla extract (if using) and stir
- Place cupcake papers in the muffin tins
- Fill about a half of the way full of batter
- Bake approximately 14 minutes or until bubbly and slightly set-up
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, or on their own! (A few topping ideas are shown below, if you're into that sort of thing)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.