Introduction: Easy to Make: Flower Wall
Some may not have enough money to buy decorations for their home, apartment, dorm etc. However, the flower wall is fairly inexpensive and easy to make. For those who don’t have quite the patience of making things from scratch, you’re in luck! The flower wall takes about 10 min to make. The flower wall can transform a boring old living room wall into something beautiful.
Step 1: Gather Materials
What you’ll need:
- Hot glue gun
-  Glue sticks
- Fishing line (see pic on step 4)
-  Bouquet of synthetic flowers
- Recommendation: Wire cutters
You can find these materials at your local Walmart, Walgreens, or any craft stores near you. Imagine what you want your flower wall will look like, pick a color scheme, and buy 2 sets of flower bouquets.
Step 2: Measure and Cut Flowers
- First, you’ll need to cut and separate the bouquet(s) to make them into individual flower stems. You can buy individual flowers at the store, but our recommendation is to buy bouquets to lessen the price of the materials. Regular scissors work, but we suggest the use of wire cutters to make a simple cut. Each flower stem should be at least 5 inches long.
- Next, depending on how big you want your flower wall to be, you might need more that 2 sets of flower bouquets. Once the flowers are cut, lay out the flower stems into whatever pattern you desire. One strand requires at least 5 flower stems. Depending on how long you want your flower wall to be, you can add more flower stems to the strands. We chose 5 strands with 6 flower stems as seen below.
Step 3: Glue
- Once you lay out your flower stems into strands, it’s time to glue! Starting with the first strand, glue the petal of the second flower to the bottom of the first flower stem. Repeat this until you have a full strand glued together.
Step 4: Attach Fishing Line
- When you have your strands complete, it’s time to attach the fishing line. Take about 4 inches of fishing line and tie it to the first flower of the strand. This allows you to hang your flower wall.
Step 5: Hang Flower Wall
- Lastly, tie the end of the fish wire to a pushpin or thumbtack. Hang your flower wall to your desired location and height.