Step 4: Attaching the Stem
9) Cut three equal lengths of the green string. Each one should be a little more than twice the length you want your stem to be.
Now take the flower head you just made and remove the needle. Widen that hole with the knitting needle. It needs to be quite big, but take care not to rip the plastic.
10) Now thread each length of string through the hole so that the flower head sits at the midpoint of each.
11) Tie up each string. This holds the flower head together.
12) Now pair up the ends of the original three lengths and braid them together tightly.
13) Before you run out of string, tie the ends together so they wont fray. In the diagram each pair of strings is lettered. Tie pair A to pair B, pair B to pair C and pair C to pair A.
14) Chop off the extra string.