This recipe is a traditional Norwegian recipe for waffles, though you can use any waffle iron to make them. Even one for Belgian waffles. See video above, or follow this link to see it on YouTube. Super easy recipe, but real good. You can also see the recipe and steps below.
Classic and delicious waffles, that can be served up with any topping you like. Norwegians often eat it with brunost (brown cheese) or jam and sour cream. (You can also use Crème Fraîche instead of sour cream.)
Step 1: The Recipe
Yields about 5 waffles:
2 heaped tbsp sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1.2 cups of milk
1.5 cups all-purpose-flour
1 tsp baking powder
optional:1 tsp ground cardamom or vanilla extract
1. Start with combining eggs and sugar
2. Melt the butter and let cool
3. Mix up the dry ingredients
4. Add in the milk, eggs and butter to the flour and whisk until well combined
5. Heat up your waffle iron, and cook until golden.
Enjoy with syrup, butter, berries, chocolate sauce, even bacon, perfect for breakfast or just any time of day!
Oh, and "Velbekomme" is Norwegian for "Enjoy!"