The idea behind was to create an easy to make,folding and cheap light boxes so I can take them with me whenever needed or store them in the closet taken the minimum space.
I have included enough pictures of the project so to be easy for everyone to follow.Also you can download the schematics and simply draw the dimensions on a cardboard. Then use the box cutter where is specified.
1) Box cutter2) Mechanical pencil
1) Architectural white model cardboard: 70cm x 50cm / 40mm thickness (x3). Cost: 2.80 euro x3 = 8.4 euro
2) White semi transparent fabric as a diffuser: 1 square meter will be enough. Cost: 2 Euro
3) 8 rubber bands from the supermarket
4) 220VAC plastic lamp holder E27. Cost: 0,71 euro x 4 = 2,84 euro
5) 220VAC 8 meter wire. Cost: 0,50 euro x 8 = 4 euro
6) on/off switch. Cost: 0,87 euro x 4 = 3,48 euro
7) 220VAC plug jack. Cost: 0,90 euro x 4 = 3,60 euro
8) energy saving 220VAC lamp 30W+ Cost: 2,60 euro x 4 = 10,40 euro
Total cost for one light box= 9,38 euro
Total cost for four light boxes= 34,72 euro
Each box consists of 3 cardboard parts, a piece of fabric, 2 rubber bands, the lamp holder and the lamb, the 220VAC wire, the switch and the socket. The electrical parts, if needed can be stored in to the box or the box can be disassembled.
For the diffuser, cut a piece of fabric by measuring the height of the light box and two times the width. Then wrap the fabric around the light box using 2 rubber bands.
Four light boxes are enough for small objects up to 50cm high.
Also I have placed 2 of them in horizontal position aside the camera's lens for micro photography and it turned out with great results. See the picture of the model car.
Hope you like it :)