A fondant Christmas tree made using a daisy cutter
Step 1: You Will Need
- Green fondant
- White fondant star
- Glitter spray
- A cocktail stick
- Small set of daisy cutters in three sizes
Note: Add a dab of water / edible glue to each daisy before adding the next one
Step 2: Cut Out Your Daisies
Roll out your fondant and cut the following:
- 4No Large
- 4No Medium
- 2No Small
Step 3: Start Stacking - Small Daisies
Using your cocktail stick, start stacking your daisies, in reverse order - always keep cocktail stick in the centre of each piece. Keep one small daisy until the end.
Start with the smallest daisy and place cocktail stick in centre
Step 4: Next, the Medium Daisies
Once you have added the small daisy, move onto the medium ones.
Keep stacking with the four medium daisies.
Step 5: Finally the Largest Daisies
Now move onto the biggest four daisies
Step 6: Topping Off Time
- Place your work onto the surface that you will be drying it out on, with a little parchment paper.
- Gently remove the cocktail stick using a twisting motion.
- Add a dab of water and then add your final small daisy to the top.
- Using a little extra green fondant, make a small, flat-bottomed cone to top off the tree
Step 7: Add Your Small Star
Step 8: And Finally, a Little Christmas Magic
Or in this case, a generous sprinkling of edible glitter
Step 9: Add to Your Cupcake
If you don't wish to add it to a cupcake, you can add them to your Christmas cake or Yule log