Step 4: Add the Crossbar Mounts
- Drill a hole through each of the 3/4" 'T' couplers, about 1/2" from one end, just big enough for the thumb screws. (see picture for hole placement)
- Remove the thumb screws from the 'T' couplers, and remove one collar from each riser.
- Slide one 'T' coupler onto each riser with the hole you just drilled at the top and screw the collars back on, making sure the upright rests flat on your work surface.
- One at a time, hold each 'T' coupler at the top of its riser and use the holes you already drilled as a guide for drilling through the riser.
- Note that the height of the cross bar is adjustable by drilling additional holes closer to the bottom collars, but don't put the holes too close together! I recommend waiting to drill additional holes until you need them.
- Insert the thumb screws and screw on the wing nuts to hold the 'T' couplers in place.
Now you are ready to assemble the cross bar on which your child will rest his (or her) feet.