Step 3: 2D-ify - Part 1
Ok now to bring it into Pepkaura. Open up your file and there will be a few little steps that follow. I usually skip those since it's pretty much set the way I need it to be, but for those who don't have it exactly right: (look at pics below for reference)
1) First one just says how many verticies, faces, objects, etc. not really important
2) Flip faces, don't wanna do that so "No Flip"
3) Now it's asking which side is the front. If the first image you get with the arrow pointing out is right, then just click "Next"
4) Same as before but with the bottom
5) Invert the Model? That's a no
Ok after all of them you'll be left with just your face. When you move your mouse over the model you'll notice that the edges turn green. At this point you are in cutting mode. Click on any edge that you want "cut" so that it will be easier to piece all the parts together.
For example I cut my face outline and around the headphones so that I will have a separate piece for the hair, face, and headphones, which I attached later.