This is a foraging board for cats - you put treats between the obstacles for the cat to fish out, it's pretty straighforward really. It can be built out of whatever pieces of wood might be leftover from previous projects. I would not recommend using a design that has corners, because treats tend to get stuck in them (I built a prototype which was more maze-like, and it didn't quite work as intended). Little blocks of wood work pretty well, just make sure there is enough space between them for the cat's paws but not enough space for the cat's head.
- Plywood (or MDF, etc) for the base
- small pieces of wood to use as obstacles
- Cut a piece of plywood to size to use as the base. Mine is approximately 38 x 61 cm.
- Cut pieces of wood to size to use as obstacles. The blocks I used are 32 x 32 mm in diameter and about 3 to 6 cm high.
- Spread all the obstacles evenly on the underside of the base and mark their outlines with pencil.
- Drill holes into the base.
- Attach obstacles with screws.
- Add cat treats. Done!