Step 1: Step 1: Make a Square Sheet of Paper
1. Grab any corner of the paper.
2. Fold the corner so that the 8.5" side of the paper lines up with the 11" side of the paper
3. Cut off excess, unfolded paper
Step 2: Step 2: Form a Tent
2. Fold square to form 2 creases that resemble an X.
3. Flip over the square so that it stands up like a tent.
Step 3: Step 3: the Triangle Fold
2. Push index fingers inwards until they meet.
3. Ensure thumbs and middle fingers brace each side of the tent while pushing index fingers.
4. Squeeze the two sides together to form one triangle shape.
Step 4: Step 4: Forming the Folded Square
2. Do this on both the front and back of the triangle.
3. The end result should be a small square.
Step 5: Step 5: Creating the Hexagonal Shape
2. Grab only one layer of flap for each fold.
3. Do this on the front and the back of the square.
Step 6: Step 6: Folding Into the Pockets
2. Insert finger to widen pocket.
3. Take flap above pocket and tuck it in.
4. Fold the flap so it stays in the pocket.
5. Do this on both sides (4 pockets).
Step 7: Step 7: Inflate the Balloon
2. Form an X shape with your fingers while looking end on at the hole.
3. Blow puffs of air into the hole until inflated.
Step 8: Final Product
1. Use waterproof paper. The balloon can now function as a sort of cup or container.
2. Use much larger paper. This will allow for a much larger balloon which can be more fun to play with.
3. Color on the balloon.