- The laserhshield isn't capable of switching the microstepping modes for the stepper motors.
- The relay that controlled the laser to turn on and off I wasn't very happy with, too.
- And lastly the wires from the drivershield to the laser diode were too long. Putting the driver next to the laser would be better I guess.
So Tl;dr :
I redesigned the lasershield from Groover.
- Removed the laser driver circuit - Replaced with a terminal clamp to attach a ready made laser driver. I got mine from AixiZ at ebay (link).
- Added jumpers beneath the Easydrivers to set the microstepping mode.
User jduffy54 was so kind to fix the easylaser shield. I updated the Eagle Schematics and Layout. The jumpers to adjust the microstepping mode should now work as intended.