NOTE: I am not responsible for anything that you may do to your phone. This is for educational purposes only. Use at your own risk.
NOTE: This free WAP hack uses your minutes.
NOTE: A common problem with newer phones is that you cannot edit the text. Verizon along with other companies have put locks on their phones' OS's so that people like us won't do what we're doing. The only way to bypass that is by getting a cable and editing your phone's files but, that's for another day.
Step 1: Get Supplies
1. An LG phone provided by Verizon Wireless. (I haven't tried it with any other phones or service providers)
2. Access to a computer.
3. Half a brain.
Step 2: Get Started
Note: Every time you change something you want to press the middle button on the GUI it should be the button that says SAVE.
1. Open up your phone and press MENU.
2. Hit "0".
3. You will get a pop-up asking for the service code. It will be "000000", no quotes, if it isn't then try common ones like "123456", "654321", "111111", if those don't work then you have to stop here...sorry.
4. Go down to WAP Setting.
5. Open up "Proxy Address Setting".
6. Change the Primary and Secondary Addresses by clicking them and retyping the address like you would a text message. Change them to either your IP address or a proxy address. You can find proxies by doing a search on Google for "free proxy addresses". Tons should come up.
7. Then go back to WAP Setting by pressing clear once. Then go to Proxy Port Setting. Check all four of them. The numbers should go like this. (Sorry no pictures).
Primary Port: 8080
Primary LXL Port: 0443
Secondary Port: 8080
Secondary LXL Port: 0443
If they aren't what i listed then change them.
8. Then go to WAP Setting again, by pressing clear. Goto "Homepage" and change it to your favorite search engine, or whatever your homepage is on your computer.
9. Then just press clear and your phone should restart. If it doesn't then do a hard reset, by pressing and holding the END key.
10. Have fun!
Step 3: OH-NO!
You have a few options.
a. Bring it into a Verizon store and have them fix it. You probably will get charged for changing system properties, at the least. (You may also, very probable, get kicked off of your plan, this is not the best way.)
b. Go into the service menu. Go to WAP Setting. Go to Clear Perm Mem. Say Yes. Then your phone should reset. Go back to WAP Setting and then go to Reset Browser. Say Yes. Your phone should reset. And now your phone is back to normal, well atleast the WAP. Who knows what you do to your phone! Hehehe.