Introduction: Fresh Mint & Pistachio Ice Cream
Fresh mint & pistachio ice cream, anyone? It’s simple to make, light and yummy. This recipe is for those who prefer ice cream maker doing all the “hard work” for them!
And guess what? This is officially my last ice cream post this summer! Yes! I promise! The thing is I can’t help it. I feel like summer would last longer if I just kept on making ice cream! Anyone else out there with similar feelings?
Anyways, if you like mint and pistachios you will enjoy it! Pistachios are one of my favorite nuts. Their bright green color always amazes me! And so does their taste! And mint? Oh, this herb is perfect in drinks, cocktails, teas, salads … and ice creams!
Enjoy our easy recipes!
Visit our new website: www.happyfoodstube.com
So lets get started!
Step 1: Ingredients:
5g (0.18 oz) Fresh Mint
115g (1/3 cup) Pistachios
350ml (11.83 fl oz) Milk
250ml (8.45 fl oz) Whipping Cream
75g (2.65 oz) Sugar
3 Egg Yolks
Step 2: Directions:
1. In a saucepan bring milk and fresh mint to a simmer. Remove from heat.
2. Using a blender, blend the mint to get stronger flavor. Discard any leaves and stalks that have not been blended properly.
3. Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Pour the eggs in the minty milk while stirring constantly.
4. Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens. Turn off the heat and let it cool down before placing it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
5. Whip the cream until thick and fold into the mixture.
6. At last throw in chopped pistachios and mix.
7. To make the ice cream, simply follow your ice cream machine instructions.
8. Serve with some more pistachios, if desired!
Step 3: Subscibe/Follow Us to Get the Latest Updates:
► Website: www.happyfoodstube.com
► Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyfoodstube
► Youtube: www.youtube.com/happyfoodstube
► Google+: https://plus.google.com/+happyfoodstube
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyfoodstube
► Instagram: http://instagram.com/happyfoodstube
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyfoodstube
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.