FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE by Cyann
1 baked 9” pie shell
1 cup water
3 tablespoons strawberry flavored gelatin (Jell-O)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 drops red food coloring, optional
1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
* Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a medium saucepan.
* Combine, and sift the cornstarch, sugar and the gelatin to boiling water, stirring constantly.
* Cook until mixture thickens.
* When cooled, fold in the sliced strawberries, vanilla and food coloring (optional, I never add coloring).
* Pour into the baked pie shell and chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Yields: Six servings.
* Before serving, and fresh whipping cream!!
NOTE: Will post more pictures once pie is done chilling, and I hope someone will make this strawberry pie & let me know your thoughts!!