My mother makes it and I eat it. So I decided to share with you this recipe.
It is real quick and easy (that depends on what you refer to as quick and easy). If you are someone who is in need of a quick breakfast in the morning and is tired of the usual butter toast and cereals. Then this is for you.
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
1) Flattened Rice (Poha): If you don't know what it is, ask someone who does.
2) Potatoes: Raw of course.
3) Green Chilies (chopped): The hotter the better.
4) Kashmiri Red Chili Powder: Milder one just for color.
5) Turmeric Powder: Color again.
6) Salt: To taste.
7) Vegetable Oil: For frying.
8) Chickpea Flour Noodles (optional): You can buy some. Had some homemade, really tasty.
Step 2: Cooking starts now
Next wash the poha in water several times till it becomes soft (because they are a little tough, when you get them) and to remove any dirt or dust.
In a pan add some vegetable oil, when heated add the chopped green chilies (caution chili seeds splutter) and potatoes and keep on stirring.
After some time add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and keep stirring.
When the potatoes are little softer add the drained poha and keep on stirring.
Once the poha has changed from white to a reddish yellowish color remove from the heat, garnish with chickpea flour noodles (you can buy them, I had some homemade) and eat hot.