Introduction: Fried Garlic / Buffalo Garlic
This delicious treat is a good way to use your leftover batter when making fried chicken or whatever.
Step 1: Things You Will Need
Note: I usually make a few of these while cooking up other fried foods, so normally I would use a
Bulb or two of garlic and whatever batter or breading That is left over. But for this, I will post a
mini version of one of my batter recipes , just in case you want to make the garlic by itself.
5 bulbs of garlic
oil for frying
1 cups flour
1Tbsp Corn Starch
A Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tbs cayenne
1/2 tsp chili pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp adobo seasoning
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup beer
1/3 cup milk
3 Tbsp melted Butter ( i use coconut oil)
The Buffalo Sauce (optional):
1/2 cup Louisiana hot sauce
2 TBSP butter
1 zip lock bag or small, air-tight container
Note: you can make half batches of the sauce for smaller amounts or garlic, if you are frying other treats.
Step 2: Making the Batter
1.Mix flour, corn starch, salt, pepper, and all other dry seasonings together in large bowl
2.In another bowl, Mix in eggs, Beer, milk, and melted butter
3.Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients bowl and stir until well blended. It should be just a little runny
4. Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes.
Step 3: It's Garlic Time!
1. Peal off the garlic skin and cut off the hard bottom pieces.
2. Heat oil in pan.
2. Place cleaned garlic cloves into batter and coat thoroughly.
3. Place coated garlic cloves into hot oil and cook until golden brown. (about 5-6 Minutes, flip half way
4. Remove from oil and drain on paper plate or towel.
Step 4: Make Them Buffilo Style!
1. Combine hot sauce and butter in a small Glass or bowl.
2. Microwave sauce on high until the butter is melted, About 45 to 60 seconds.
3. Mix until well blended, then Pour sauce into a zip lock bag or container.
4. Place cooked garlic cloves into zip lock bag (or container) and seat tight.
5. Gently shake bag until all garlic cloves are completely coated.
6. Remove garlic from bag and serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.