Introduction: Fried Popcorn Chicken - Who's Hungry
Super easy, fried popcorn chicken bites can be quickly homemade with few ingredients!
Serve with hot sauce, honey or Ranch dressing. A scrumptious, fun spin on your typical weeknight meals!
I can’t wait to share with you how easy they are to make at home. All you need are eight ingredients, about 30 minutes, and some willing taste testers.
I guarantee you’ll get their stamp of approval on this simple, scrumptious chicken!
Step 1: Ingredients Required:
- Bite-sized chicken pieces.
- Egg - 1
- Red chili powder.
- Black Pepper powder.
- Corn Flour
- Oregano Powder
- Soya sauce (optional)
Step 2: Bite-Size
- Drain off the water completely from the soaked chicken.
- Cut into bite size pieces.
- The Smaller size will dry out quickly while frying.
- Bite-sized chicken pieces are ready.
Step 3: Rinse and Soak
- Wash and pat dry the chicken.
- Soaking chicken for at least 45 mins to 5 hours makes it tender and juicy. It yields tender bites that are so soft from inside and crusty outside since we will bread them before frying. However, it is just an optional step.
Step 4: Mix the Spices
Add the egg and corn flour (You can also just use egg whites).
Addred chili powder, ginger garlic, onion powder, pepper powder,andsalt.
If you have rosemary & turmeric add that as well now.
- Mix well so the spice mix is coated evenly.
Step 5: Make It Yummy!
Add corn starch and pepper powder and mix it well.
Step 6: Crispy
- To make it crispy.
- Add all-purpose flour, Oregano powder, and chili powder.
- Add the breadcrumbs.
- Mix well and set aside for about 5 minutes.
This helps the bread to stick well to the popcorn.
To know how to make Breadcrumbs you check previous Instructable on How to make "Home Made Fresh Breadcrumbs".
Step 8: Fry Them
- Heat oil and drop the chicken bite by bite.
- Keep stirring while frying for even browning.
- Fry in batches till you finish.
Step 9: Drain
Drain them on a kitchen tissue.
Popcorn chicken is ready.
Step 10: Serve Hot
Serve hot with your favorite ketchup!
That's all foodies.
Enjoy your family time with yummy Fried Popcorn chicken.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.