Introduction: Fried Potato Cubes With Grated Coconut
Potatoes can be cooked in many ways. In this recipe, half boiled potato cubes have been stir fried with grated coconuts.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Six to seven medium sized potatoes
- Grated coconut from half a piece of coconut.
- Salt to taste
- One teaspoon of red chili powder
- One teaspoon of cumin seed powder
- One tablespoon of cooking oil
Step 2: Half Boil the Potatoes
- Wash and place the potatoes in a pressure cooker
- Pour enough water to cover the potatoes
- Pressure cook for about five minutes or one whistle. Do not over-cook
- Remove from stove, release pressure and pour cold water over the potatoes
Step 3: Peel and Cut Cubes
- Keep the potatoes in cold water and peel the skin
- Cut potatoes into 3/4th inch cubes
Step 4: Stir Fry the Potato Ubes
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of cooking oil
- Add the potatoes and stir fry till the cubes turn to golden brown
Step 5: Add Other Ingredients
- Once the potato cubes turn golden brown, add a teaspoon of salt
- Then add one teaspoon of red chili powder and one teaspoon of cumin seed powder
- Mix all ingredients together and cook for five more minutes
Step 6: Add Grated Coconut
- Once all other ingredients are properly cooked with potato cubes, add the grated coconuts
- Stir fry till the grated coconuts turn golden brown
- Remove from stove and transfer to serving dish
This can be used as a side dish with rice and chapatis.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.