Introduction: Friendship Bracelet - 3 Strand With Beads
This bracelet is pretty but easy enough to make with children. You will need:
- 6 different color strands cut 30 inches long
- 3 beads
Step 1: Preparing the Strands
- Each strand needs to measure 30 inches.
- Fold the strands in half and cut.
- You now have 12 stands, 15 inches long.
- Tie a knot two inches from one end.
- Tape your stands to your work surface.
Step 2: Braid
1. Separate into 3 groups of 4 strands.
2. Cross the right hand strand over the middle strand.
3. The right had strand becomes the new center strand.
4. Then bring the left hand strand over the new middle strand to the center.
5. Alternate bringing the outermost strand to the center.
6. Stop when you have enough to go around your wrist.
Step 3: Add Beads
- Wrap the end with tape (like the end of a shoelace).
- Twist the tape until it will fit through a bead.
- Put your beads on.
- Remove the tape.
- Knot the end so your beads can’t slip off and you’re done!