Some months ago we where cleaning out one of our prop storage rooms (they really tend to fill up and get messy very quickly). While throwing out old useless stuff, I found the leftovers from a 50ies or 60ies pram. There was no more cover, the wheels belonged to another pram, only the body and the handle were left.
Somehow it jumped to my mind, let's build a trailer for my kid out of this!
And that's exactly what I did!
I divided this instructable in "logical steps" rather than using chronological order. So you will see various stages of the trailer conversion in each step. I did a lot of switching between different parts of the work, as this build went on for about 4 months. First I worked at the props workshop in the theatre, whenever there was a time slot I normally would have used to get home earlier or to grab some coffee and have a chat. It was also nice to work with proper tools (for example the vent for the paintjob) and to have lots of scrap wood and other materials at hand. After the hardware jobs where done I took the trailer home for sewing and upholstery.
The tools I used for this build are to many to list one by one. Worth to mention besides the usual suspects (powerdrill, spraycans, staple gun and various pliers, drills and knives,...) are probably a pipe cutter (step 3), the vent (step 4), my sewing machine (step 8), the hole punches and press pliers (step 8), all the rest you need for a project like this you probably will have at hand already...