Introduction: Frosted Vases
So I've been in my house for a about a year. I'm always on the hunt for new (and cost effective) accessories to spiff up the house. While shopping for spray paint I came across frosted glass spray. I was intrigued! I took it home and made some cool things. This is what I did.
Step 1: Materials & Tool S
- Clear vase (you can also use a candle holder, old clear wine bottles, drinking glasses etc!)
- Contact paper *
- Exacto Knife
- Frosted Glass Spray. I used Rustoleum.
Step 2: Instructions
- Think of some sort of design. This can be a trick party, but luckily is tons of inspiration out there (scour the internet, check out a home decor store etc)
- Once you have a design your happy with, trace it on the back of your contact paper and cut out with the exacto knife. If you are the lucky proud owner of a silhouette machine or other die cutter just make your stencil on that.
- Get some glass cleaner and make sure you it is nice and clean.
- Peel off your contact paper stencil and gently stick it to your vase
- Find a nice well ventilated area and place your vase on top of box. Spray a nice even coat and allow to dry
- Drying times can depend on the type of frosted glass spray you purchase. I'd say give it at least 30 minutes.
- Gently peel off the stencil to reveal your beautiful design