Introduction: Frozen Chocolate Eclair Pops
Frozen chocolate eclair pops are a delicious combination of crisp pastry and vanilla ice cream topped with dark and white chocolate.
Serve these little mouthwatering pops as desert or a special frozen treat in a hot summer's day.
Traditionally chocolate eclairs are elongated pastry made with choux dough filled with vanilla , chocolate or coffee flavored pastry cream.
But trust me vanilla ice cream filling tastes heavenly ! *_*
If you are a chocolate fan or a desert fan (like me :D) you should definitely give this a try..do let me know how it turned out for you.
Step 1: Ingredients
For Choux pastry :
- Butter - 55 gm (at room temperature)
- Water - 125 ml
- All purpose flour - 75 gm
- Eggs - 2 (large) + 1 for the egg wash
- pinch of salt
- granulated white sugar - 1 tsp
For chocolate topping :
- dark and white chocolate
For filling :
- vanilla ice cream
Step 2: Eclair Shells
The choux pastry is an unusual pastry... it's first cooked on the stove and then baked in the oven.
lets get started !
- preheat oven to 200 degree C / 400 degree F .
- line your baking tray with baking sheet.
- place butter, water, salt and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- remove from heat and add the flour all at once. stir well with a wooden spoon until it forms a smooth dough.
- set aside to cool.
- when the pastry has cooled , add the eggs a little at a time and combine the mixture. (don't worry if the dough curdles, just keep mixing and it will come together )
- continue mixing until you have a smooth , thick paste.
- transfer the dough in a pastry bag with a large plain tip .
- pipe the dough on baking sheet .
- gently brush the tops of the dough with egg wash ( lightly beaten egg).
- place the baking tray in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. (you can reduce the oven temperature after 20 minutes ).
- remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool (if the weather is too humid let them cool inside the oven with the door open)
Step 3: The Filling
- make a hole on the bottom of each shell and pipe the vanilla ice cream.
- or just split them in half and fill the icecrem.
- now place them in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Step 4: Topping
dip the eclairs first in melted dark chocolate and then drizzle white chocolate.
freeze at least for two hours before serving.
Thanks for reading , i hope you like this recipe ! :)