- Combine with cooked pasta in a baking dish, cover in grated cheese and bake in a hot oven until golden brown
- Cover with breadcrumbs in a baking dish, top with sliced tomato and chopped parsley and a little grated cheese and bake until golden brown
- Divide mixture into small ramekins, cover with a disk of puff pastry, brush with egg wash and bake in a hot oven until pastry is golden brown and puffed up
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Half a brown onion
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- Half a cup of skim milk
- 1 large tin of tuna
- 1 small can of corn kernels
- A few thin slices of cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
Step 1: Step 1
Add the olive oil.
Finely chop the onion, and when the pan is hot, add the onion.
Sauté until clear.
Step 2: Step 2
Add the flour and stir in with the oil and onion.
Hint: You're going to make a white sauce, so you may need to add a little more oil or flour, depending on how it goes.
Brown the flour for a minute.
Step 3: Step 3
You may need a little more or less than stated, depending on how much flour you used.
Stir continuously for a couple of minutes until you have a relatively thick white sauce that doesn't have any lumps of flour.
Step 4: Step 4
If it looks a bit runny, then keep stirring it and your saving grace will be the cheese!
Add a few thin slices and let it melt and mix in with the rest of the mornay. If it's too thin, you can add more cheese.
Add a little salt and some cracked pepper to taste.