Introduction: Frugal Wall Art
Using Styrofoam, fabric, a stapler, and straight pins, I give you my Frugal Wall Art Tutorial.
Step 1: Fit Fabric to Styrofoam
First, gather supplies:
- Styrofoam, as many pieces as you like...four, or six, whatever you like. I found mine in our garage in an empty DVD box.
- Fabric, choose two or three colors. Currently, I am in love with the chocolate brown/powder blue/creamy white combination. Our walls are already creamy white...thus, my desperation for some color on the wall. We rent, so no painting (and the reason I used straight pins).
- Stapler with staples. A simple office stapler will do the trick.
- Scissors for cutting the fabric to the right size.
- Iron for ironing the fabric. Always, always, always iron your fabric.
- You may need a sharp knife to make your Styrofoam even or flat. I used a steak knife. It worked just fine and cleaned up easily.
Step One: Fit Fabric to Styrofoam (iron fabric before stapling)
Step 2: Iron & Staple
Step Two: Iron & Staple
See it at Comfort Joy DesignsComfort Joy Designs
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.