Gather whatever fruit looks fresh that you or the recipient are fond of. (If you're around for the receiving of the gift, there's no reason not to include a couple treats for yourself!).
You'll also need:
- Skewers - I ended up using two different sizes, but a pair of good scissors will suffice!
- A vessel to make the arrangement in - not too tall, and something kind of wide and opaque. I started off with a clear vase, but you could see all the skewers through it, and that was not attractive. I ended with a white tea pot.
- Some clay or foam to stick the skewers in (optional, really - it didn't serve me at all)
- Chocolate for dipping (also optional)
- Parsley to fill in as greenery