330g semisweet chocolate chips
80g or 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
180g or 3/4 cup sugar
40 g or 1/3 cup cornstarch
30 g or 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
80g or 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly butter an 10-inch square baking pan or a rectangular pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides. This makes it easy to lift the brownie once baked.
- Sift together cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla extract in the chocolate.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir vigorously until mixture is smooth. Mix in the walnuts at this point of time.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes at 170 degrees C.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.Using paper overhang, lift the brownie out of pan and cut into squares.
- Enjoy! :)