Buy the stencils on Etsy.
Step 1: Materials
- Laser cutter: you could make one for $50, but I had one available.
- Image processing and plotting software: I used Adobe products and AutoCad, but there are certainly other options.
- Face mask for respiratory protection
- Tape: masking tape or painter's tape. The wider the better.
- Stencil material: I used chipboard; transparencies should work as well.
- Spraypaint: I used Krylon indoor/outdoor gloss spraypaint, about $3-4 per can at Walmart (I used Black, Raspberry, Global Blue, and Bright Idea).