Introduction: Full Proof Love Potion
Looking for a fool proof way to woo 'The One'? Introducing my Full ProofLove Potion!
This spiced and boozy version of old world (aka thick & rich) hot chocolate is sure to put the object of your affection in an amorous mood - for at least 20 minutes. All the time you need convince them of your many charms.
NOTE: Effectiveness is only temporary and results are not guaranteed, but deliciousness is.
- stencil makings: 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper, pencil, and scissors
- drinking chocolate (I used TCHO brand - this makes a thicker, old world hot chocolate)
- unsweetened cocoa
- 2% milk (Feel free to substitute skim or almond milk. It will just be less thick.)
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- ancho or regular chili powder
- sea salt
- whiskey or bourbon (I used Bulleit Bourbon)
- milk frother (not absolutely necessary for potion effectiveness)
Step 1: Preparing Your Love Stencil
- Trace half of your glass/mug on the folded edge of a piece of paper.
- Draw half a heart* inside the half circle, giving your self a comfy distance from the edge of the circle. (approx. 1/2 - 3/4")
- Cut out your heart and then cut about 1/2" around your half circle. You need to make it big enough to sit on the top of the mug without falling in.
*You can make the stencil any shape you'd like!
Step 2: Love Potion Recipe & Directions
- 4 cups 2% milk (can substitute skim or almond milk for a thinner consistency)
- 1 cup drinking chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1/3 cup bourbon or whiskey (add more to taste)
In a medium sized pot over med-high heat, add the cup of drinking chocolate pieces. Once it starts melting, slowly whisk in the cocoa and spices, followed by the honey and milk. Add the milk only 1/4 cup at a time to avoid the chocolate clumping.
Once the mixture is well blended and smooth, bring to a boil and then reduce to low. Let simmer for 5 minutes.* Just before serving, add in the bourbon.
*While the mix is simmering, prepare the decorative mixture in the next step.
Step 3: Love Dust(ing)
While your Potion is simmering, mix together 1/4 cup cocoa and 1 tsp cinnamon with a whisk or fork.
Step 4: Fancify!
Using either an espresso steamer, an Aerolatte frother, or a whisk and elbow grease - froth a little heated milk foam.
Pour your Potion into mugs and top with a bit of the foam.
Place your stencil on top of the first mug, trying to center it, and using a mesh sieve, dust on a layer of your cocoa/cinnamon mix. Repeat for the other mug.
Step 5: Get Lovin'!
Time to enjoy the fruits of your aphrodisiac filled labors! Drink with the object of your affection and watch them fall madly in love with their beverage, and hopefully with you for making it!!