* PVC drain pipe, diam. 110 mm, in a preferable length (floor to ceiling).
* Sisal rope, diam. 8 mm, approx. 47 meter for each meter of the pipe length.
For example: A diam. 110 pipe with length 2.5 m will need 117.5 m.
Sisal rope can be quite expensive, so check out where you can buy it cheap.
An affordable supplier is http://www.ropesandtwines.com
(See below in comments section for the formula used for exact calculation).
* Tee nuts, M8, 4 pcs.
* Hexagon head bolts, M8, length approx 50 mm. , 4 pcs.
* U-bolts, 2 pcs.
* Fake MDF wood tiles. (Or a similar hard surface material).
* Cork gasket sheet, thickness 3 mm.
* Wood screws.
* Ordinary hand tools.
* And the most important
: One helpful and curious cat