I don’t know about you, but Mom, Ashley (sister-in-law), and I binge watched Fuller House this weekend on Netflix! I grew up on Full House and all the TGIF shows. I think the only thing more exciting then Fuller House coming out is the new Gilmore Girls Netflix show (GG is the official favorite show of Mother Daughter Projects!).
While watching Fuller House, episode 7 “Ramona’s Not-So-Epic Party,” I noticed a cute holder for party supplies. So easy, three buckets! A place for forks, knifes, spoons and straws! Mom and I headed to Hobby Lobby to recreate the look.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
- 3 buckets -- ours were 4 1/4” in diameter and 4” tall
- Metal Candy Tin-the box is 11 3/4 ” long X 4 1/4” wide X 1 3/4” tall *
- Rust-Oleum High Performance Enamel Gray Spray Paint
- White spray primer
- Minwax Kona stain
- Party utensils
*the container in which to hold the buckets was surprisingly hard to find. Most any oval or rectangular container that will fit the buckets you use can be used as spray paint will make everything look cohesive. Think outside the ‘galvanized’ box when looking for a container.
Step 2: Clean Box and Buckets
Step 3: Spray Paint Buckets and Box
- Spray the bucket with a very light coat of gray spray paint.
- Spray box with a primer and silver spray paint. Repeat to completely cover any graphics on the box.
Step 4: Stain Coat
With the rag, wipe on a small amount of the stain to both the box and buckets. Wipe off stain immediately leaving just a hint of color.