When you solder, you melt tin, lead & flux. Flux is there to help the solder run, or flow, but also burns toxic. Not much, but toxic is still toxic.
This cheap & simple instructable will whisk away the fumes so you can work in a nice, clean environment.
These retail for several hundred dollars here in Australia, so you will save yourself a fortune.
Most of the parts can be salvaged from stuff.
Step 1: Parts & Tools.
You will need:
a plank of wood (anything works. Ply, MDF, whatever you have lying around)
2 fans (you can use more if necessary)
A Switch (I used a fan controller because i was going to make them switch on and off individually, but i
decided against it. i still used it though. Makes it look cool. any SPST will work)
A 10~14 v supply (DC, whatever amps your fans are.)
Flat Blade screwdriver