I love using single shapes for paper-cut wall arts, especially triangles. But I wanted to try a different shape this time.
I've been thinking and thinking but couldn't come up with a simple yet cool shape till last week. I had no idea that this art would look sooo amazing until I made one. It looks even better with different bright colors!
Follow this ible to find out how easily I made this wall art, you'll have fun for sure :)
This is a fun thing to do with papers, colors and could be a sweet gift for your beloved one <3
Step 1: Materials Needed
1) Colored papers,
2) White art paper,
6) Poster color and paint brush.
Step 2: Customized Colored Paper
So I painted a few white papers with different colors- as you can see in the first picture of this step,
I used the single colored papers as well as the colorful,shaded papers for the paper cut art :)
Mixing and matching both kinds make a great combination.
Step 3: Teardrop-shaped Paper Pieces
Take a pencil and draw teardrop shapes on it as shown in the first picture of this step, this way the colored papers won't get wasted,
Step 4: Get Creative!
Take a teardrop-shaped paper piece, apply glue on the back of the piece and stick it on the white canvas,
Don't worry about the design, you'll automatically come up with a design once you start gluing the paper pieces on the canvas,
- But you'll have to choose a starting point for the art,
- Use the bigger pieces to create the main patterns,
- Basically you can form flower-like patterns using the teardrop shaped paper pieces, otherwise - go crazy, get creative!
- After completing the main pattern use the smaller pieces to fill the rest,
- Try filling the whole canvas,
- Fill the small gaps using small teardrop shaped paper pieces...
In few words- cut'em, stick'em... it ain't rocket science! :p
Frame the art, hang it in a room or give it as a gift.