Based on the theme “Going Green”, my class has been assigned to create a marine-themed, flat-pack cardboard costume, to provide an alternative choice to buying a costume from the store. Only using recycled cardboard and slotted construction, this costume is cheap and easy to make! If you are looking for a fun and environmentally safe project for your child, this costume may be something to take into consideration.
Only using recycled cardboard and slotted construction, create a flat-packed costume of a sailboat. Following the Step by Step process, create your own cardboard sailboat that may be worn on stage.
• Fit the wearer
• Be comfortable
• Be able to be worn on stage
• Be able to be stored away easily
• Resemble a sailboat
• Be able to be worn by shoulder straps
• Be made entirely out of recycled cardboard
• Not contain fasteners, tape, string, glue etc.
• Be made from slotted construction
ITEM MATERIAL DESCRIPTION QTY SIZE REMARKS- PART
S1 CARDBOARD 2 5ft x 2 ft P1-P7
Tools and Equipment List:
ITEM TOOL USE
T1 CUTTING MAT Provide a base to cut/protect floor
T2 UTILITY KNIFE Cut Cardboard
T3 RULER Measure Cardboard/make straight lines
T4 MARKER Mark cardboard/ draw shape on cardboard
Step 1: Left Body of Boat
2. Cut using cutting mat (T1) and utility knife (T2)