Introduction: Functional Steampunk Airsoft Pistol

Picture of Functional Steampunk Airsoft Pistol

When I saw the Steampunk Challenge it gave me the motivation to actually do this project which had been kicking around in my head for a while. I have a bunch of less-than powerful Airsoft guns lying around, a bunch of random junk, adhesives, and metallic paint. Combine all of this, and I get a Steampunk Airsoft gun!

I also wanted the gun to work. Maybe not be easy to cock, or load, or aim, but at least fire. This one fits that description perfectly.

This gun is not up to my personal artistic standards, but I couldn't figure out something to edge the leather with to my satisfaction, or something to cover the exposed glued woods on the ends of the scope.

Without further ado, here is my Steampunk Airsoft gun.

The gun I chose had some accuracy issues so i decided to to take it apart and maybe fix that. I found the problem- a cracked barrel mount- and patched it up with Krazy Glue (CA glue). That fixed it wonderfully


5maxz (author)2016-04-27

nice man

gattlinggun (author)2014-06-10

Is this co2 powered or spring/plunger powered?

Cyclone1764 (author)2012-09-21

could you post a video?

ilpug (author)Cyclone17642012-09-21

Sadly, no. The gun itself was pretty wimpy, an has since broken so badly that I threw it out ages ago. Even in just-made condition, the gun was very weak, hard to cock, and couldn't hit anything. At some point I may make a better one. Dunno though.

Cyclone1764 (author)ilpug2012-09-23

alright then, its still awesome though

Cheyannelovesham (author)2012-02-03

not bad not bad would it work with paint balls

ilpug (author)Cheyannelovesham2012-02-03

I suppose you could run 6mm paintballs through it, but that really isn't the point. It's more of an art piece.

Cheyannelovesham (author)ilpug2012-02-06

icic it is hot

theweaponizer (author)2011-09-01

what did u use to connect the co2 to the cable?

ilpug (author)theweaponizer2011-09-01

I stuck a bracket from the bottom of a lantern onto the base of the magazine. onto this bracket, i stuck a little piece of textured metal tubing about an inch long. I stuck the cable insulation in one side, the CO2 cartridge on the other, and glued it all together with hot glue.

flapper501 (author)2011-08-30

Sweet! Post this as an Instructable

ilpug (author)flapper5012011-08-30

I made this project in record time for a contest, so i did not have time to document it. Therefore, no pics of the making process. Sorry.

About This Instructable




Bio: I am a recent graduate of the Sustainable Manufacturing program at California State University Chico. I currently consult with local businesses and provide freelance design ... More »
More by ilpug:CNC milling a boat propeller in only 3 axesThe BeerBQ: a Keg BarbecueCardboard Clutter Keeper
Add instructable to: