Introduction: Functional Art Â Hexagon Tallbike
After more than 20,000km, my daily transit tallbike was crushed by a car... the driver stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake!
After a brief grieving period I decided to model the new one from the old one, I photographed it from the side, imported it into Adobe Illustrator to scale, then started playing with shapes using as many existing bits as possible, 2 hours later I had a geometry that might just work...
Next I measured some basic dimensions and enlarged the hexagon and printed it to make a jig.
Then I made the hexagon using the print-out...
Then I found some other standard bike bits, welded them together, then gave it a coat of paint...
The a test ride was necessary, then a couple of small additions to minimise unwanted flex here and there.
Much beer was needed for testing, and a new artwork was created from the old tallbike — RESOLUTION!!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.