Jazz up a boring bowl of popcorn with this easy recipe that tastes just like cake batter!
2 bags microwavable kettle corn or white popcorn
1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips or vanilla candy melts
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cup white or yellow cake mix
1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave, following packaging instructions. Transfer popcorn to a large bowl, being careful to pick out all of the unpopped kernels.
- Melt the white chocolate chips or candy melts in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each 30 seconds until it is fully melted.
- Stir in the vegetable oil to the melted chocolate until smooth. Then add the cake mix to the chocolate - the mixture will be thick, but mix until well-incorporated.
- Drizzle the chocolate/cake batter mixture over the popcorn and add half of the sprinkles. Use your (clean) fingers to toss everything together until evenly coated.
- Spread the popcorn onto wax paper-lined cookie sheets to allow the chocolate to harden and sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top.
- Let popcorn harden for about 20 minutes on the counter, or 5 minutes in the fridge, and enjoy!