It is capable of using the original Nintendo controller, the N64 controller, and the Wii Classic controller at the same time!
Funtendo is USB powered, and also contains a flash drive which will contain the project drivers, as well as your emulators and rom files.
If you are looking for a cool gift for the geek in your life, this may be it!
This is an easy build that can be constructed on a Saturday afternoon.
The video below is a demonstration of the Funtendo in action.
Step 1: Funtendo parts list
- Propeller Platform USB (Source: Gadget Gangster)
- Terminal Module (Source: Gadget Gangster)
- Nintendo controller extension cable
- Nintendo 64 controller extension cable
- Wii Classic controller extension cable
- A USB Flash drive (2gig or better)
- A USB Hub powerable from USB
- A Project Box (Source: Radio Shack)
- Nintendo 64 controller
- Original Nintendo controller
- Wii Classic controller
- A USB cable with an "A" connector
Step 2: Preparing the controller cables
Before continuing, connect a controller to each of the cables. This will prevent you from cutting off the wrong end.
Once you have the controllers connected, measure about 20", then snip off the side that would have plugged into the game machine.
Strip all the wires on each controller, then twist and "tin" each of the wires using your soldering iron.