Step 1: Plan your robot
Here are the list of materials you will need for the elephant:
Wood or cardboard: 40cm (width) x 20 cm (height) X 0.5cm (thickness)
2 Servo motors
3 Popsicle sticks
Wires of various thickness
1 photo resistor
1 reed switch
Step 2: Building the body
• Press-fit all the side pieces together, if you do not have the indicated thickness of wood or cardboard, you can reinforce the connections using a hot glue gun.
• The top and bottom pieces will be attached using magnets to allow easy attachment and removal.
• Glue magnets both to top and sides of the pieces according to where the top and sides will attach. Repeat for the bottom piece.
• Glue 3 popsicle sticks on the third slot within the body, this is where the servos will be attached.
• Cut out felt based on this template. Glue the felt onto the wood body that you just created
• Trim the felt on the top and bottom of the box