This instructable describes how to build a simple fuser to quickly and efficently make hundreds of feet of pyrotechnic fuse. It requires very basic materials and construction skills, and the entire process only takes a matter of hours to get hundreds of feet of fuse.
I would like to give credit to both united nuclear and pyro universe, because this design improves on and modifies both of their ideas and techniques. This project will have much use in my other projects requiring fuse, and as every pyrotechnic knows you can never have enough fuse.
This fuse burns at appx. 1 in. / sec
Step 1: Parts list
1. Old tupperware container (medium sized)
2. Black powder (Can either be bought at gun stores, with proper id, or made in my tutorial http://www.instructables.com/id/EEXOON4E1HEPA8KQNM/ )
3. 1/4" Wooden dowel at least 2 feet in length
4. Dextrin, A powdered pyrotechnic glue (Can either be bought on e-bay, or made, Ive never made it but the good folks at pyro universe say "To make dextrin, spread an entire box of corn starch out on a cookie sheet and cook it in the oven at 400° for about 2 hours, stirring it every 20 minutes or so with a spatula to keep it from burning. When it's done, it will be light yellow/gold in color.")
6. Rubbing Alcohol
7. Devcon weldit all purpose glue
8. 1/4" and assorted smaller drill bits and a drill
9. Old clothes (or some type of overcoat), latex gloves, and eye protection (Optional)(This project is messy)
10. (2) Spools of cotton twine, make sure it has nothing else in it wax, etc. (to do this take a sample 3 in. piece of it and burn it, if it contains wax or something else it will drip, if it dose not drip when burned it is good)
11. Old scrap wood, a 3 foot long 2x4 would be good enough
13. Hammer and nails