What is it capable of ?
1. It can be controlled using gestures.
2. It can Send temperature , object distance , battery level , etc. values to the glove ( LCD ).
3. Can run on 45+ degree angle.
4. Tx Rx pair on both rover and Glove ( for bi-directional data transfer ).
Why to use joysticks to control you robot when you can control it by the gestures of your hand ! This robotic Rover works on 433MHz Band RF Modules (ASK).
The remote is modified into a GLOVE which is equipped with
an accelerometer (ADXL335)
16x2 LCD display
8 button keypad
and a transceiver
The rover and glove is based on ATmega328 P which is used in Arduino Uno as well ,
ROVER UNIT ( I've named it TITAN :D )
2. Custom made arduino compatible robotic controller
3. DIY FTDI cable ( USB to SERIAL )
4. HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Rangefinder
5. 2 x Optical sensors ( to convert it into a line follower)
6. 2 x custom 30 Amp Motor drivers : MAKE YOUR OWN MOTOR DRIVER
7. 2 x 150 RPM & 5 kgf-cm torque DC motors
8. 12V SLA ( Sealed Lead Acid ) Battery 1.2 Ah capacity
9. 4 x Track wheels and Track belt
10. Acrylic sheet chasis ( i used 4mm thick sheet )
Gesture GLOVE :
1. A Glove
2. ATmega 328P based board
3. ADXL335 accelerometer
4. 16x2 LCD Display
5. A 8-button Keypad
6. 433Mhz Transceiver
7. Some headers and ribbon cables
SKIP THIS STEP FOR BUILDING GUIDE >>>
1. Minimal I/O pins configuration.
2. Quite light weight , portable, sturdy and transparent chasis.
3. Easy to control it using Gestures and interactive LCD screen.
4. Battery level monitoring , Distance measurement , temperature monitoring , etc.
5. Isolation of motors from MCU board , reduces noises and voltage spikes from the motor.
6. Programmable through FTDI cable and accepts Arduino sketches.
7. Compatible with Arduino shields.
8. FPV ( first person view camera )
9. Can act as a line following robot.
10. Tested on 45+ degree slopes.
11. Can be used for remote surveillance.
Future Scope of improvement :
I'm planning to :
1. Add a gripper arm on the rover unit .
2. Add a 6v solar panel to charge the batteries which power the MCU
3. Add an EDF ( ducted fan ) and transform it into a hovercraft.
4. Replace the original 150 RPM motors with mabuchi rs380 (18000 RPM ) motor
So What Will You Mod It Into ? =D